Tuesday, October 25, 2011

We didn't die we just moved

To VEGAS!  Well close to. Damien got a great job in Henderson as the Director of Recreation Therapy! Woot Woot. Which means he graduated! Hooray! He wanted to have a bonfire with his math notes and book to celebrate. But we left for California instead. Here are some grad photos


We celebrated the night before, the best way Cavanaughs party. At a park, lots of food, and lots of volleyball. I managed to take a photo of the cake but not much else. Months before graduation when I was planning I asked what he wanted his cake to say. The first thing out of his mouth was what I wrote down.
Here are some pictures of the beloved Spanish Fork Reservoir. I don't know if that is the real name but we'll go with it. Josh, D's little brother, stayed one night with us before we left for vacation before the move. He wanted to play video games, stay up late, eat junk food, and goof off with D too. Along with that we took him to this place with Blake two days in a row. We all loved it. The second time we had some yummy hot dogs. Hence Blake's cute face smothered in ketchup. Sand was his second condiment of choice. Both times we followed it up with ice cream from macey's.

 They are blind as bats. But don't they look cute. My dad was showing him baby einstein clips on his phone.
So I didn't really take photos of our River trip. But here is baby at the beach. He preferred sand to the water at the beach and vice versa at the River.
So we've been here since the very end of August. I had this really great idea to take photos the last month in Provo of all the things I love about it and what I'll miss. Soooo I didn't really get around to it. But I can tell you that I miss our family most of all. It was nice to have D's family in EM and some of mine scattered all around. Who will babysit??? But seriously we miss you guys. I miss Courtney too. I miss our old ward but am excited about the new one. As soon as we got here I missed Utah weather!? I know crazy. The first week here was literally how I imagine hell. I didn't know I could sweat like that just going from the front door to the car. Today I'm loving the weather. 85 and breezy. Not having a Utah Fall is saddening though. I know I miss much  more than this but am cutting it short.

Now on to why I love it here. Umm for starters we are no longer in a one bedroom attic. Oh and we have some income. We got a wicked sweet deal living in a townhouse. I love the space everywhere (kitchen, bathroom, oooo and the walk in closet). I also like that all our extra junk can be hidden in the garage. The bad part of the neighborhood is the incessant barking of those stupid yippy little dogs/rats. I swear there is one in every direction and their timing is horrible. I never hear them at night or in the morning, EVER. But come nap time for Blake, they can't shut up. They put me on edge and I hate them. Moving on, Henderson has awesome parks. There are parks everywhere, and they are new, shaded, and even fun for Damien. We frequently meet D at a park when he gets off work. The pic above is from one of these cool parks. Swings big enough for adults, yeah! We also have the Bishops here. Thanks goodness too. They were kind enough to let us have an extended stay with them before we moved into our place. Whit helped me get acquainted with the area and I'm feeling pretty confident with my surroundings now. We also have made friends with a family in our ward. They have some little girls that are so sweet and entertain Blake pretty well. They were kind enough to take us on their boat at Lake Mead. It was very reminiscent of the River. Damien now wants a boat since we are maybe 10 miles away.
Anyways, we miss Utah for numerous reasons but are really falling for Henderson. I think it is the perfect place for us right now and am so grateful for everything and everyone that helped us get here! What a blessing! By the way, this is Blake's first experience with finger painting.

Now that we are moved in and our internet hooked up, my posts should be more frequent

2 comments:

The Whelans said...

I miss you too! LIKE CRAZY!? HaHa. I can't wait to see you again! but am glad that you are settling in!

P.S. I am scared to even touch my dress without you here...haha. Eventually i will be brave enough!

Rappleye Family said...

CONGRATS ON ALL THAT FUN STUFF! LOVE THE CAKE!!! How long are you living in Nevada? Good luck!!