Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom Festival

We got in after midnight from visiting with the NC Cavanaughs friday. Which was fun by the way. We had fried chicken, potatoes, slaw, biscuits and Damien shared some of his Cheerwine before hiding it from everyone else. Blake stayed up way to late and D played ball with his cousins.

So it was extremely hard to wake up at 6 and head over to the Balloon Fest. But it was worth it. The boys stayed in bed and slept for an extra hour and a half. Here is what I came back with.






When I pulled up to our house I jumped out in the middle of the road to take this one
Then I thought to myself 'Oh I can take some more of Brando's flowers' And I took some until a hound dog came up behind me and scared me half to death. No owner in sight so I quickly made my way inside. They are gorgeous though
Once I got back, we woke baby up and met the Bishops for breakfast at Kneaders! Yummy!
Then we head to the Freedom Festival on Center. Checked out the shops and then watched a reptile show. WARNING FOR DEBBY: These are scary pictures!!!

 Chad checking out the snakes
 This big one was a 16 ft python. Damien even pet it!


 Instead of face painting we gave him a mustache

We had a blast. After all these festivities we came home for a well deserved 2 hour nap. When Blake woke up we head to 7 peaks. We stayed about an hour of so. D and Blake went down the little kids slide together a few times. He really liked it until the plunge in the water at the end. Blake that is. We wore him out so good, he went to bed at 6. Sadly we woke him up at 9:30 for Stadium of Fire fireworks. He liked them well enough, but someone was doing aerial fireworks really close, so they were loud, and he was a mess. What a busy busy day!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

wow! you guys are so busy and have lots of fun things you are doing! Love all the pictures!!

Rappleye Family said...

I have never been to that festival!! Fun Fun!